At the Hamworthy Primary Federation, we aim to develop children as mathematicians who demonstrate these characteristics:
- A belief that by demonstrating a growth mindset, they can succeed.
- A deep routed understanding of the concrete and pictorial representations of number.
- A secure understanding of key facts such as number bonds and multiplication tables to allow fluency across different areas of maths.
- To recognise that practice is a vital part of learning and that intelligent practice reinforces pupils’ procedural fluency and develops their conceptual understanding.
- The ability to make links between knowledge and application across the curriculum and in their lives.
- To develop deep and long lasting understanding of mathematical procedures and concepts.
- To achieve mastery through acquiring deep, long term, secure and adaptable subject knowledge.