New to Reception
First of all we would like to warmly welcome you and your child to our school.
We understand that starting school can be a very exciting time but perhaps also a nervous time for you and your child. We would therefore like to support you by making this transition as smooth as possible. Below is some information for you and your child which we hope will be extremely beneficial.
Below you will find a 'Welcome to Reception' document. Please take the time to read this through with your child and familiarise them with the information.
Getting Ready for School
These 7 skills will support me at school:
- Co-operating - Learning how to get on well with others.
- Listening and understanding - Enjoying talking about stories and understanding simple instructions.
- Sharing - Being able to share with other children.
- Dealing independently with care needs - Using the toilet, washing hands, being able to get dressed.
- Speaking clearly in sentences - Being able to ask for help when needed.
- Having co-ordination - Being active from the tips of my fingers to the tips of my toes.
- Showing curiosity and enthusiasm - Being able to have fun and explore the world around us.
You will be receiving a letter inviting parents in for a 'Welcome to Reception' meeting on Tuesday 13th June.
At this meeting you will be able to pick up your child's Transition Pack which details who their class teacher will be and the timings of settling in sessions.
Date in pack will detail individual dates of a 3:15pm-3:45pm visit to classrooms on either Wednesday 12th July or Thursday 13th July.
On this date, you will also have the opportunity to sign up for a 1:1 parent consultation for September with your child's new class teacher.
Half the class will attend either Monday 4th September or Tuesday 5th September session (staggered start day/time will be detailed individually)
1:1 parent consultations in afternoon.
All children will attend:
Wednesday 6th September 8:30am to 12:00pm (before lunch)
Thursday 7th September 8:30am to 1:00pm (after lunch)
Friday 8th September 8:30am to 2:50pm (full day)
If you do have any further questions do not hesitate to give the lovely team in the office a call or drop us an email!
Tel: 01202 672 377